We are looking for a Financial Controller to join our team.
- Develops and supervises the Financial and Control Systems that will help achieve the Company’s Objectives.
- General Accounting including preparing financial statements, calculate Mexico taxes, journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules, ledgers, and account & bank reconciliations.
- Coordinate financial & tax audits, monthly closings and account analysis and supporting the finance director in carrying out the responsibilities of the finance department.
- Provide a high degree of professionalism in representing the company with government offices, auditors & legal consultants.
- Ability to set the highest standards of achievement and capable to assist others to realize the same.
- Stay in close communication with management to be available after hours for contact.
Provide credibility with management, business partners, customers and vendors.
- Keep Management informed immediately, in real time, of all Manufacturing, Inventory, Planning, Personnel and Equipment problems, issues, concerns. Communication is required and expected to be prompt and timely. No exceptions.
- Responsible for financial aspects and in establishing objectives and policies for the organization.
- Responsible for preparing reports of the financial position of the company in the areas of income, costs, expenses and profits based on budgets and financial forecasts.
- Preparation, coordination and authorization of reports for various Government agencies (Municipal, State and Federal).
- Administration of insurance coverage required to protect against losses and potential liabilities.
- Experience in preparing, negotiating and managing the objectives and budgets of his Department, as well as the Strategies and Action Plans to meet those objectives.
- Experience in procedures with government agencies.
- Responsible for VAT returns and IMMEX certification.
- Management of computer packages applicable to your work.
- Work based on objectives and goal achievement.
- Filing and renewal of permits and licenses related to Mexican IRS and the accounting area, including VAT certification, C-TPAT, OEA/NEEC, among others.
- Preparation of financial statement for Mexico and consolidated summaries for the U.S.
- Preparation, presentation and filling of informative declarations, tax declarations as well as the reports requested by the city, state and federal government i.e. SAT (IRS), Seguro Social, (Medical Services), INFONAVIT (housing services), Aduana (customs), INEGI (Secretaría de Economía y Finanzas), etc.
- Selection of external fiscal auditor / advisor firm by establishing a very clear and specific service contract to ensure company’s fiscal health. Coordinate with External Advisor activities schedule making sure Audits cover ALL areas to avoid non-compliance with Mexican laws.
- Selection of Bank services and financial services suppliers, control over bank issues and services.
- Responsible for general accounting, accounts payable and receivable. Defining procedures, terms, agreements, contracts and safety controls as well.
- Calculation of Operation costs and expenses to define transfer of funds for company operations.
- Supervision of payroll calculation from Tax stand point and payments for termination, bonuses, and incentives.
- Keeping upper management (Mexico & US) informed of all changes in tax laws and implement requirements and regulation as applicable to our operation.
- Defining of Internal Audit schedule, Coordinate and handle internal and external audits.
- Coordination of Budget preparation, analysis and implementation, with all managers in Tecate and define budget controls for an efficient use of the budget.
- Responsible for creation and monitoring of all KPI to measure departmental performance from finance standpoint.
- Responsible to define all the necessary actions and controls (action plan) to maintain the company’s financial statements in good shape and under control.
- Coordination of a Permanent Cost Reduction program throughout the company in Mexico, making sure all managers focus on making more with less.
- Responsible for Cost accounting functions for all companies in Mexico: new and existing product and services quotes estimations, cost analysis, gross profit calculations.
- Responsible for coordination and completion of annual Capital assets physical counts, asset tagging and records accuracy for all Tecate companies.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting to the headquarter company.
- Preparation of monthly summary of financial highlights for all companies in Tecate.
- Personal Computer
- General Office Equipment
Experience and Required Education.
- 7+ year’s requirement in managerial role.
- 7+ years’ experience in accounting and Mexican taxes
- Bachelor’s degree is required. CPA license is highly preferred.
- The position requires Integrity, Intelligence, Experience and Dedication.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Valid laser visa.
Knowledge, skills and competencies required:
- Strong team leadership skills; will lead by example and be willing to pitch in to get the job done.
- Credibility with subordinates, senior management, business partners, relevant agencies and customers.
- A bias for action; effectively develops and executes strategies and plans; demonstrates a record of accomplishment of achievement.
- Excellent strategic thinking, including the ability to help define the direction of the department in support of company objectives and make the appropriate business decisions to get there.
- A comfort level with challenging others and having your own ideas challenged.
- The ability to set the highest standards of achievement and capable of assisting others to realize the same.
- The ability to set and adhere to the highest level of integrity, morals and ethics.
- A high degree of professionalism with the ability to be a high energy, passionate champion for the company.
- The ability to build closely-knit teams and interacting effectively across disciplines.
- Sensitivity to customer requirements.
- Develop and execute the department operations strategy commensurate with the overall plan for the company. Ensure alignment with customer needs.
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives to drive operations and ensure maximum productivity. Ensure systems are world-class and meet the needs of all internal and external constituencies with an emphasis on process, quality, productivity, budget control, and profitability.
- Develop and implement policies and programs designed to maximize capacity and ensure the highest quality at the lowest cost in a safe working environment.
- Develop and apply appropriate metrics for department goals and objectives in terms of production output, cost, quality, budgeting and forecasting, as well as, the ongoing results of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Create an organization that is flexible and adaptable with the ability to efficiently handle new science and technologies.
- Provide leadership to the department to ensure that teamwork and morale are a fundamental component of world-class output. Create active development plans for the staff.
- Ensure processes are in place to allow transparency of department metrics through management to the QMR team.
- Adhere to all GMP and ISO guidelines.
- Stay in close communication with subordinates and senior management, to be available after hours, weekends, and holidays for contact.
- Return all phone calls as soon as possible and certainly within the same day. On the rare occasion that you are unable to return a call for some dire reason then call no later than first thing the following morning. Keep your cell phone with you and turned on.
- Any time you are unable to report to work due to illness you must speak directly to the Supervisor, if that person is not available then to Human Resources. It is not acceptable to leave voice mails, e-mails or messages with co-workers.
- Leave contact information with the Supervisor and Human Resources when on vacation in the event you must be contacted.
Working Conditions; Physical & Mental Demands:
- General office environment with no heavy lifting required.
Supervision of Others:
- Partially supervises accounting manager, accounting supervisor, accountant, administration assistant and accounting
- High degree of monetary responsibilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- SLI is an equal opportunity employer and all employees are responsible for maintaining a discrimination and harassment free environment.
- All employees are accountable for conducting their daily business responsibilities in an ethical and moral manner.
The above declarations are not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Envíanos email a: email@example.com
Laboratorios Scantibodies, está ubicado en:
Calle Los Viñedos #4100, Parque Industrial El Bajío 21430 Tecate, Península de Baja California, México.